Refereed Conference Proceedings
- St John ( 2014) Spending the savings of an ageing population:
why do we care? Head of School Seminar, School of
Population Health Tamaki Campus 25th March
- St John, S, (2014) Lessons
for Ireland from New Zealand's KiwiSaver. Presentation to
stakeholders workshop: Response to the OECD pension proposals,
Dublin Castle 11th February, Dublin, Ireland.
- St John, S, (2014) New Zealand KiwiSaver: Automatic
Enrollment Experiences - Lessons for the UK, Friend Life,
Lunch address 13th February to Employers, and Dinner address to
Trustees, 13th February, London UK.
- St John, S., Dale, M.C. eds (2010). Rethinking
welfare for the 21st century: Forum Proceedings.
Retirement Policy Research Centre.
- St John, S. (2000). 'New
Zealand's Unique approach to Retirement Income', Proceedings
of the 6th Asia/Oceania Regional Congress of Gerontology.
S. Choi, M. Chung, K. Cho and B. Han, (eds.) 'Gerontological
Approaches to Care for the Aged in the 21st Century'.
- St John, S. (1999). 'Stability of retirement income policy'.
In "Stability of Retirement Income Policy." A. Grimes and C.
Smith (eds.) IPS Policy Paper
3, Super 2000 Taskforce & IPS, Wellington.
- St John, S. (1995). 'Prospects for Equality: An Economic
Perspective'. Family Law Conference, Vol. 1 Conference Session
Papers, Wellington, pp. 21-40.
- St John (2012) Book Review: Reforming pensions for Civil and
Military servants ed Noriyuki Takayama, Journal of pensions and
- St John, S. (2006). Review of Creedy, J. and Sleeman, C.,
'Indirect taxes in New Zealand', unpublished review for The
Institute of Public Policy Wellington.
- St John, S. (2002). Review of Atkinson, N., Rewarding Service;
A history of the Government Superannuation Fund, in New Zealand
Books 12(4) October.
- St John, S. (2002) Review of Thomson, D. A world without
welfare and McClure, M A civilized community New Zealand Books,
- St John, S. (1994). Review of Henaghan, S.M. and B. Aitken
(eds.) Family Law Policy in New Zealand, Universities Law
- St John, S. (1996). Review of D Green From welfare state to
civil society in the New Zealand Political Review, December.
- St John, S. (1982.) Review of S. Easton, B.H. and N.J.
Thompson, An Introduction to the New Zealand Economy, New
Zealand Economic Papers, 16.