Newspaper articles and invited comment
- St John (2104) An
annuity, based on the private incomes of old, would help the
young stretch their KiwiSaver into old age. New Zealand
Herald, 9th May, 2014
- St John (2104) Super
strain on Generation X will become too much, New Zealand
Herald, 8th May, 2014
- St John (2104) Don't
let glow vanish from golden years, New Zealand Herald, 7th
- St John (2014) The future of the retirement age, RadioLIVE,
- St John (2014) Let
them eat cake, Daily Blog, 2nd May
- St John (2014) The basic Income idea, Jim Mora programme,
- St John ( 2014) Interview on The New Zealand pension System Pensions
Insight 27th March 2014
- St John (2014) Invited comment for the Financial Times Soft compulsion and Retention
- St John ( 2014) 19th century thinking about relationships -
how we hate the poor, Daily Blog, 20th March
- St John (2014) Response to Brian Easton: Been counters
Listener 22nd March
- St John, S (2014) A very weak week indeed, Daily Blog, 7th
- St John, S, (2014) Hear no poverty, see no poverty, speak no
poverty Daily Blog, 28h February
- St John, S (2014) So
much for the success of welfare reform, Daily Blog, 31st
- St John. S (2013) 'Get
a job' mantra to solve child poverty has obvious flaws.
Daily Blog, December 5th 20103.
- St John. S (2013) Subsidising the rich to save us is voodoo
economics. Daily Blog.
- St John. S (2013) Getting
working sole parents off benefits: who is really 'better off'?
Daily Blog, 22nd November 2013.
- St John, S. (2013) Let's
have less handwriting and more realism on incomes policy.
Daily Blog, 16th November 2013.
- St John, S (2103) Living wage a good idea but it is how it is
done that matters, New Zealand Herald, 15th November 2013.
- St John, S (2103) A
sorry state of affairs, Daily blog 16thOctober 2013.
- St John, S (2013) "Why no annuities" guest presenter at the
How to Super-Size Retirement Income, Financial
Services Council conference, 14th October.
- St John, S (2013) The Retirement Commissioner's report, RPRC
Press release, interview morning
report National Radio, 10th October 2013.
- St John, S (2013) Supreme
Court no route to Justice for 230,000 New Zealand children.
30th September 2013 Press release.
- St John, S (2013) Justice
for poor children a long time coming, Foreign Control
Watch Dog 133, August 2013.
- St John, S (2013) Susan
St John: Nothing super about Dunne's new plan The New
Zealand Herald, 29 August 2013.
- Dale, C & St John S, (2013) Putting the bite on a big gap in our aged
healthcare The New Zealand Herald, 12 April 2013.
- St John, S (2013) Lets have policies for all children The
New Zealand Herald, 21 March 2013.
- St John,S (2012) A
practical and just way to address child poverty, New
Zealand Herald, 4th September 2012.
- Dale, C & St John S (2012) NZ
needs to smarten up Super rules, New Zealand Herald, 27th
- St John, S (2012) Children
off to a good start thanks to Aussie generosity, New
Zealand Herald, 17th May 2012.
- St John, S (2012) Achilles heel of National's welfare reform,
New Zealand Herald, 2 March 2012
- St John S ( 2011) Bashing
the beneficiary basher, Dominion Post, 8th December 2011.
- St John, S (2011) 'Gift
duty 'switched from rich to poor' Business Day, Sunday
Star Times, 08 May 2011.
- St John, S (2011) 'The
future of ACC in jeopardy' Press Release ACC group, 6th
- St John, S (2011) Guest speaker 'Issues
for women' Auckland Girls Grammar School Old Girls Annual
dinner, Romfords Auckland, 27th October.
- St John S (with D Wynd) Reality ignored in parallel welfare universe
the New Zealand Herald and Enlightening
the Welfare Working Group Dominion Post 30th March 2011.
- St John, S. (2011) Punitive
policies hurting families New Zealand Herald 1st Feb 2011.
2006 - 2010
- St John, S. (with Claire Dale). Pension
rules causing stress and ill-health. New Zealand Herald
17th August, 2010.
- St John, S. Govt's
sums on welfare savings don't quite add up. New Zealand
Herald 26th March 2010.
- St John, S. Lessons
from the Tax Working Group. Children. Journal of the
Office of the Commissioner for Children, Autumn(72) 2010.
- St John, S. Level
of inequality just not acceptable, New Zealand Herald.
Auckland. 29th January 2010.
- St John, S. Missed
opportunity. PSA Journal, Working for You March 2010.
- St John, S. Misgivings
about the charitable model The New Zealand Herald 31st
- St John, S. Labour
and National must agree to review KiwiSaver after the election
The New Zealand Herald 14th October 2008.
- St John, S. The
poverty trap remains, The New Zealand Herald, 8th July
- St John, S. The forgotten families, Invited commentary 2008
Budget, Dominion Post, 23rd May 2008.
- St John, S. (with S Poletti) Plight
of most vulnerable unchanged by tax credits, The New
Zealand Herald, 12 April 2007.
- St John, S. The budget speech I'd like to hear from Dr Cullen
Invited commentary, The New Zealand Herald, 17 May 2007.
- St John, S. A rose by any other name. The Independent, 21
- St John, S. Savings Principle Abandoned, The New Zealand
Herald, 14 December 2006.
- St John, S. The Achilles Heel of Working for Families,
Dominion Post, 8 October 2006.
- St John, S. 'The
MSD 2004 living standards report: New Zealand’s wake up call',
The Independent, 26 July 2006.
- St John, S. 'Child
poverty worsens amongst the poorest', The New Zealand
Herald, 4 January 2006.